This goes without saying, but at Clugston Chiropractic our patients' health and well-being is our number one priority. We are taking all the necessary precautions at our office to keep our patients and staff healthy during this cold and flu season, especially now with the recent spread of the Coronavirus. Counters, and bathrooms are being thoroughly cleaned with disinfectant spray several times each day and adjusting equipment before and after each patient. As always, hand sanitizer is available for patients and staff to use. We are following the guidelines recommended by the Governor for the State of Michigan. WE WILL REMAIN OPEN to serve the community SAFELY for as long as possible! Additionally, we would like to recommend a few ways to be extra cautious and stay healthy:
*Stay home if you are sick! Please don't risk getting worse or infecting others. If you have a cough, fever or runny nose please stay home. Call the office and we will gladly reschedule your appointment.
*Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
*Avoid touching your face, especially eyes, nose and mouth.
Arguably the most important thing to remember right now. Do not panic. Remain calm and stay positive. Despite hearing terms like "outbreak" and "pandemic" your actual likelihood of catching this virus remains extremely small, and you are not helpless in protecting yourself and your family and improving your immune response in times like these. Here are some easy changes you can make to stay healthy.
1. Stay calm. Many studies show stress can actually weaken your immune system, making you more susceptible to illnesses and disease. Try implementing yoga, running, meditation or a massage into your daily routine and TURN.OFF.THE.NEWS :)
Click here for a study showing the connection between stress and your immune system
2. Get 7-8 hours of sleep a night. Bottom line: sleep deprivation suppresses the immune system. Need proof: Here is an excellent article showing the link.
3. Stay hydrated. There are many different recommendations for how much water you should consume each day. The easiest to remember is approximately eight 8 oz. glasses each day (8 x 8). Read about the immune benefits of drinking water here.
4. Vitamin D supplementation can help reduce the occurrence and symptoms of cold and flu. We also recommend a daily multivitamin along with a healthy, colorful diet! Read more here.
5. Continue with your chiropractic care plan. Now more than ever you need the benefits a healthy, aligned spine can offer. The purpose of an adjustment is to remove any interference with the nervous system so it is able to communicate with the rest of your body. When you are adjusted regularly your immune system is able to function at its best, allowing you to fight off viruses you may undoubtedly encounter in your daily lives. Multiple studies have proven this to be true. Here is a great article that dives into this topic a bit more.